We launched our very first virtual service online. Other than our amazing worship & A/V teams, it was surreal preaching to an empty room without the rest of our family... and yet, Jesus still gathered His church for worship. With over 450 individual YouTube views that morning, we can’t imagine how many more were watching together, joining us to worship Jesus!
This week, the Bay Area issued a ”Shelter in Place” Order, to stay in your home until April 7, except to give or receive essential services. This is one way for us to love our neighbors, honor the common good, and help to slow the spread of COVID-19. In light of the current situation, we’ve decided to temporarily suspend all physical gatherings (Sunday worship and weekly groups) and move everything online. Here’s how you can stay involved with our church family:
- It may look a little different, but we will continue live-streaming The Crossing’s worship service at our normal time of 9:45 AM on Sundays, at our YouTube Channel.
- Please refrain from physically gathering with others to watch, beyond your household.
- All groups will move to an online video-conferencing format. Please make every effort to stay connected to your community group (Hebrews 10:24-25)! Check in with each other and take care of one another, humbly and sacrificially like Jesus does (John 13).
- How might your group be the gospel to a self-isolating neighbor outside the church? Check-in with a call or text, or ask if they need groceries dropped off at their doorstep.
How else can we stay involved?
- PRAY for us. Daily, when you’re at home or if you go for a walk, pray for our church, and our community, and all those continuing to serve during this turbulent season.
- GROW with us. If you miss our Sunday broadcast, listen or watch sermons online. Each week, they’re available again on YouTube or as a podcast.
- CONNECT with us. Send us your prayer requests online. Receive regular updates and encouragement at The Crossing Website or Facebook Page.
- GIVE online. Even when we’re not able to meet together and take offering, you can still support us by donating in various ways at the Give page.
As the ground beneath us continues to shift, I’m reminded of comforting truth from God’s Word:
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows” (James 1:17). He is good; He is God; He’s our rock of certainty when we’re surrounded by uncertainty, a firm foundation beneath our feet.
Blessings, Pastor Josh